Application Extended: Still Accepting Applications
Prepare for a career as an educator working internationally. In this interdisciplinary master's, you will learn how to design, implement, manage, and evaluate international education programs in a broad range of settings. You will also gain hands-on experience in an internship placement, either in the US or abroad.Request Info
Official Degree Title
Upon completion of your master's you will be able to:
- Demonstrate and employ a solid understanding of responsibilities that come with being an international professional and an educational expert
- Demonstrate skills for working effectively in international and multinational settings
- Design, implement, manage, and evaluate international education programs in schools, colleges, foundations, multinational corporations, and public and private educational and cultural agencies
- Apply theoretical, conceptual, and methodological advances in the humanities and the social sciences to the analysis of international educational policies and institutions
Our internship acquaints you with current practices in the field, introduces you to the everyday life of the profession, and develops your professional networks to help you secure a job after graduation. Recent placements include Institution for International Education, NYU Office of Global Services, Sesame Street Workshop, UNESCO, and the US Department of State.
Special Areas of Study
Our advisors and faculty work closely with you to plan your course of study, choose electives, find internships, and select research topics geared to your interests and professional goals. The curriculum includes training in both qualitative and quantitative research methods. Students can take electives from across the University.
Study or Intern Abroad
Our International Education programs offer students extraordinary opportunities for study, professional development and networking, and applied learning at New York University’s academic centers in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and South America. We offer one of the most extensive graduate study abroad programs in the country.
Join the International Education Student Board, a group of students committed to creating social and professional events for the student body.
Our alumni are located throughout the world, and work at a variety of international education organizations, universities, governmental agencies, and nonprofit agencies.
Recent placements include:
- Coordinator of Global Programs, NYU Shanghai
- Program Manager, Institute of International Education
- Enrollment Advisor, CIEE International Study Programs
- Program Associate, Education Division, Asia Society
- International Admissions Coordinator, University of Maryland, College Park
- Educational and Cultural Affairs, US Department of State
- Enrollment Advisor, American University of Beirut
- Technical Training Coordinator, Innovations for Poverty Action
- Program Coordinator, International Rescue Committee
- Refugee Education Programming and Community Outreach, Catholic Charities
- Project Director, Global Peace Initiative of Women
- Program Coordinator, Rockefeller Foundations
- Exchange Program Specialist, Bureau of Deputy Program Officer, USAID
If you have any additional questions about our degree, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My most influential experience in the International Education program was building relationships with faculty, staff, and fellow colleagues. The bonds I established and cultivated allowed me to take advantage of NYU-sponsored opportunities, both domestically and internationally.
Associated and Affiliated Faculty
Take the Next Step
Advance your personal and professional journey – apply to join our community of students.Apply Now