Receive expert training from renowned faculty of experienced New York professionals, preparing for a career in vocal performance. You will receive a full liberal arts education and benefit from a comprehensive curriculum in musical theater, contemporary, and opera. Vocal Performance at NYU Steinhardt offers opportunities for performing and recording, unparalleled facilities, and access to a vast network of peers, industry practitioners, and accomplished alumni, as well as cross-training in movement, speech, diction, song study, scene study, audition skills, and business skills.
Study voice, acting, movement, auditioning, and business, while achieving a level of performance excellence necessary for a career as a professional vocalist.
With a blend of training in voice, acting, diction, movement, and repertoire, this degree prepares you for a career in recital and concert performance and opera.
Study vocal performance with a specialization in contemporary vocal styles, fully integrating training in voice, acting, and movement/dance.
Currently not accepting applications.Degree Details
Combining intensive vocal training with related academic study, this post-master's advanced certificate expands your knowledge of vocal pedagogy.
Perform in fully staged music theatre productions, develop pedagogical skills for voice, and build a vocal repertoire for teaching in this dual degree.
Prepare for a career as a classical vocal performer and develop pedagogical skills and methods for teaching voice.
Find Your Voice at NYU Steinhardt
Fully integrate the study of voice with the study of music, acting, and performance skills.
- Participate in a challenging and innovative curriculum aligned with the music industry of the 21st Century.
- Performance opportunities in fully-staged productions under the guidance of professional directors, conductors, and choreographers.
- Guest artists and faculty drawn from New York’s vibrant community of professional artists.
- Graduates have built successful careers in the world of opera, music theatre, and popular music.
- Summer two-week intensive workshops in contemporary, music theatre and classical voice.