Required Information and Documents
- Start/End Dates
- Department or Center the project will be housed
- Budget Details - effort, travel, employees, materials and supplies.
- Timeline to have the proposal submitted to OoR for review and submission to OSP.
30 days. PI notifies grant manager of intent to submit
- Provides RFP
25 days. PI meets with grant manager to discuss submission details.
- Grant manager provides proposal checklist
- Schedule submission timeline
- Discuss project and budget details
- Identify project team
- Establish subapplicant parameters
25-20 Days. Begin developing budget and gathering necessary submission materials.
- PI provides completed Cayuse regulatory compliance questionnaire to Grant Manager
- Grant manager and PI exchange draft budgets via email to finalize budget details
- PI provides subapplicant contact information
25-20 days. Grant Manager issues subapplicant RFP to respective administrative contact.
- Prime FOA, project title, duration, and subcontract budget limit
- Statement of Intent to Collaborate (NYU template available)
- Scope of Work
- Detailed budget and justification
- Institutional contact information
- Sponsor-specific documents (bio sketches, facilities, equipment, current & pending, etc.)
20-15 days. PI completes proposal checklist.
- Grant Manager reviews all documents for compliance of sponsor guidelines and university policies
15-10 Days. Prepare near final draft for upload to Cayuse SP and OSP initial review.
- Grant Manager initiates Cayuse SP record and uploads near final draft to Cayuse
- Grant Manager initiates research-specific Conflict of Interest record and PI completes
- OSP provides proposal feedback
- Subapplicants provide finalized subapplicant proposal (requirements listed above)
10-5 days. Make revisions and finalize all proposal documents.
5 days. Grant manager routes final proposal in Cayuse SP for approvals from department, dean’s office, and OSP.
- Upon approval by all parties, proposal is submitted
- OSP submits federal proposals and PI/grant manager submits non-federal proposals