40 Total Credits Required
This curriculum provides advanced academic training leading to an MS degree for students who also seek the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential.
In order to become a Registered Dietitian, you must complete an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD). Please note: you do not need to complete a DPD before applying to the 40-credit Clinical Nutrition master's. DPD verification (or Declaration of Intent) from an ACEND-accredited program is a prerequisite. Learn more about the DPD.
(Do Not Count Toward the Degree)
NUTR-GE 2190 and NUTR-GE 2199 count towards the MS degree
Learn more about the NYU Dietetic Internship.
Graduate Level Electives
Graduate level courses by advisement to meet 40 credits
- No graduate level course may be taken pass/fail unless that is the only grading option.
- Not all courses listed are offered every semester. Classes run only if enrollment is sufficient.
- You must take all 40 or 34 credit classes with NYU to receive an NYU degree. We do not allow transfer credits from other colleges.
- You are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the program. Failure to maintain a 3.0 GPA will result in academic probation. After two semesters of academic probation, you will sign a memorandum of understanding indicating possible dismissal after the third semester on academic probation. You will return to good standing once your cumulative GPA returns to 3.0.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 is required to graduate from the program.
- If you are dropping classes, YOU MUST let your advisor know and it is your responsibility to re-organize your DPD or MS sequence map appropriately.
- You are not permitted to take more than 7 credits during Summer sessions.
Take the Next Step
Advance your personal and professional journey – apply to join our community of students.Apply Now