International Student Application/Requirements Check List:
- Complete the MPAP Summer Programs Application.
- Submit proof of English language proficiency.
Proof of English Proficiency (Required to Complete Application Step-1)
International students who are not already in the US on an F-1 or J-1 visa must provide proof of their English language proficiency.
English Language Testing Requirements:
If English is not your native language, you may be asked to show your proficiency by taking one of the following tests (results must be from the last two years):
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test)
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)
- PTE Academic (Pearsons Test of English Academic)
- C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency (Cambridge English: Advanced or Proficiency)
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
- iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency)
Who is exempt from English language proficiency testing?
Exemption will be given in the following circumstances:
- If your native language is English;
- If you have been studying in a school or college/university where the sole language of instruction is English for at least 3 full years at the time of your application;
- If your education has been completed entirely in schools/colleges/universities where the language of instruction is English.
If either of the last two options apply to you, you can submit a copy of a transcript that shows at least 3 full years of instruction at a school taught solely in English to email@example.com. Please indicate in your email that you are seeking an exemption from English language proficiency testing.
Do you have a minimum score requirement?
We do not have any minimum test score requirements, but competitive applicants will receive:
- 100 and above on the TOEFL iBT
- 7.5 and above on the IELTS Academic
- 70 and above on the PTE Academic
- 191 and above on the Cambridge English Scale
- 84 and above on the MELAB
- 4.5 and above on the iTEP
If you are UNABLE to submit your proof of English language using one of the formats listed above, you must email MPAP.Summer@nyu.edu detailing your reason why and be sure to include the name of the program you are applying for. We will contact you to discuss alternative options.
If you are in need of further assistance please contact MPAP Summer Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212 998 5438.