All prospective and transfer students must apply for admission to NYU Steinhardt before scheduling an audition. Apply for undergraduate study.
Schedule Your Audition
If you cannot audition in person, you may submit an audition video online via GetAcceptd.
If you are applying for undergraduate early decision or require an audition after the last audition date, contact Wayne du Maine, Director of Brass Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Education majors who play brass should schedule their audition through the Music Education program.
- Early Decision I video submissions should be received by November 1, and Early Decision II video submissions should be received by January 1.
- Though NYU's deadline for Spring transfer admission is November 1 and our deadline for Summer/Fall transfer admission is April 1, we suggest that you submit your Common Application one month in advance. Submitting early will leave you more time to schedule an audition.
New York City
Saturday, February 8, 2020, 9:00am - 1:00pm, Room 303
Sunday, February 16, 2020, 9:00am - 1:30pm, Room 779
Audition dates will be announced soon!
Audition Details and Requirements
- Accompanists are not required or provided.
- Auditions may include sight-reading.
- Prepare two contrasting études, one solo, and at least two orchestral excerpts.