The Office of Counseling and Student Services is integral to the School's educational mission of human development. To assist students in their personal growth and in achieving their educational objectives, we collaborate with faculty, School, and University administrators and students to provide programs, services, and opportunities that are responsive to the dynamic nature of the educational process; enrich the educational experience for the School’s diverse undergraduate and graduate student population; and embody the School's concern for all phases of a student’s development and the diversity of student needs.
Contact or visit the Office of Counseling and Student Services for information on student activities including
- Student Publications
- Activities to meet informally with faculty, staff, and your peers, including
- Conversations of Color: Focus on issues related to diversity with faculty and peers
- Dean's Hour: Informal conversation with the deans in the Steinhardt School
- Tea at Three: Brings international and American students together
- Fast Break Bagel Breakfast: On your way to class
- Tea and Empathy: Unwind during finals
The Office of Counseling and Student Services provides a wide range of support and assistance for NYU Steinhardt students. These include the New International Graduate Student Seminar (SAHS-GE 2003), University-Wide Student Services, Leave of Absence/Exit Interviews, and the services listed below.
Staff members are available to assist students upon request of the individual, referral by faculty, or if academic work has fallen below School standards for satisfactory academic progress.
As a pre-professional school, Steinhardt's career counseling is often facilitated by our faculty, but students can also receive assistance from a representative from the Wasserman Center for Career Development three afternoons each week.
A professional staff is available to listen, to provide free confidential counseling to help you define the issues you are facing, and to develop strategies to help.
The Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development offers specialized orientation programming for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
The Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development invites outstanding students to challenge themselves intellectually, engage in independent research, and extend their academic exploration beyond our borders.
For more information contact any of our staff members below or email us.
- Jeanne Bannon, Director, email@example.com
- Justine Kelly-Fierro, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luis Lopez, Opportunity Programs Counselor, Higher Education Opportunity Program, email@example.com
- Nija Leocadio, Student Services Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Voelker, Student Services Counselor, email@example.com
- Paula Lee, Director, Career Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carolyn Klingensmith, LCSW, Counselor, Counseling and Wellness - Student Health Center (SHC) 212-998-4780, email@example.com