The New Undergraduate Experience
Welcome to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development. NYU Steinhardt's New Undergraduate Experience is comprised of several key components designed to welcome you to our vibrant community and allow you to get connected, to be involved, and to stay informed.
Please make sure to activate your NYU E-mail account.
Orientation Programming for New Students
Online Orientation Portal
All new students must review materials and complete quizzes in their Online Orientation. Through this portal, you will:
- Get to know your academic advisor, current students, and peers
- Learn about our history, mission, and values
- Understand your major and degree requirements
- Create and register your first semester schedule
- Discover services and activities to help you grow and develop
- Share what you’ve learned with your family to keep them connected
Students beginning in Fall will receive access to Online Orientation in May, and will register in June. Students beginning in Spring will receive access to Online Orientation in October and will register in November.
Fall/Spring at Steinhardt Preview
Join the Office of Student Affairs and your department to learn about the upcoming semester and meet other students starting at NYU Steinhardt. Hear from current student leaders, and get answers to questions you may have before registration begins.
Dean's Welcome and Academic Sessions
Join NYU Steinhardt Student Affairs and your academic departments for a special welcome with our Dean, and speak with your academic advisor. Participate in workshops, activities, and service-learning projects sponsored by the NYU Steinhardt and University community.
At the beginning of each term, we host special events to celebrate the commencement of your studies at NYU. You will also have the opportunity to participate in other workshops, activities, and events sponsored by NYU, which are all designed to help you get started and connect with new classmates who are also beginning their studies in one of the other seven undergraduate divisions at NYU.
New Student Seminar (SAHS-UE 1)
In this course, you will explore your role as a student in our diverse and global academic community. The New Student Seminar also introduces you to your program of study as an aspiring professional in your chosen field. You'll also discuss the literary work selected for NYU Reads and its connection to your journey as a new student.
New Student Resources
Summer Orientation Assistants are current NYU Steinhardt students who are available to help you through the advising and registration process this summer. During Welcome Week, Peer Mentors will host programming, and in the fall, they will be co-facilitating the New Student Seminar. View our Student Leaders' bios.
Once you activate your NYU email, you'll be added to your department's Google Group. This message board is where you can get fast answers to your questions about registration and student life in your specific department.
Before getting to campus, see what life at NYU Steinhardt is like via Instagram.
Statement on Academic Integrity
The relationship between students and faculty is the keystone of the educational experience at New York University. Mutual trust, respect, and responsibility are foundational requirements. Thus, how you learn is as important as what you learn. A university education aims not only to produce high-quality scholars, but to also cultivate honorable citizens.
Please complete the Academic Integrity Tutorial. Once you complete this tutorial your Departmental Academic Advisor will be notified.
Questions? Call 212-998-5065 or email email@example.com.
Communications with New Students (Fall start)
- New Student Email 1 - Welcome to the New Undergraduate Experience at NYU Steinhardt
- New Student Email 2 - The Online Orientation Portal is LIVE! (no preview available - individualized)
- New Student Email 3 - Fall at Steinhardt Preview Invitation (no preview available - individualized)
- New Student Email 4 - Meet Your Summer Orientation Assistants
- New Student Email 5 - NYU Reads & New Student Seminar
- New Student Email 6 - A Special Note from Dean for Student Affairs
- New Student Email 7 - Meet Your Peer Mentors (no preview available - individualized)
- New Student Email 8 - NYU Welcome Events
Communications with New Students (Spring start)
- New Student Email 1 - A Special Welcome from our Dean for Student Affairs
- New Student Email 2 - Planning Your Gap Semester
- New Student Email 3 - Checking In About Your Gap Semester
- New Student Email 4 - Spring at Steinhardt Preview Invitation
- New Student Email 5 - The Online Orientation Portal is LIVE!
- New Student Email 6 - Meet Your Peer Mentors
- New Student Email 7 - Spring Planning
- New Student Email 8 - Spring Welcome Week Events
Parents and Families of New Students
Congratulations on your student's acceptance to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development. We are thrilled that they have decided to join our family at NYU Steinhardt. As parents of incoming students, we realize that you have many questions. Please bookmark this page as it will be updated throughout the summer as information is sent to your student.
Questions? Contact the NYU Steinhardt Office of Student Affairs at 212-998-5065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.