Welcome to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development! NYU Steinhardt Graduate Orientation is comprised of several components designed to welcome you to our vibrant community and allow you to get connected, be involved, and stay informed.
Orientation Programming for New Students
After submitting your tuition deposit, you will receive an email that includes information on your next steps as a new graduate student. All new students must review the material in our Graduate Orientation Portal. Through this portal you will:
- Watch a video from your department's chair
- Learn about your program's process for advisement and registration
- Understand your major and degree requirements
- Learn how to use the ALBERT registration system
- Discover services and activities to help you grow and develop academically and professionally
International students will:
- Review and take steps toward satisfying Steinhardt's faculty policy on English proficiency
- Understand the requirements for registering for the appropriate number of credits
- Register for the New Graduate International Student Seminar
- Attend the mandatory OGS check-in workshop (F1, J1 visa holders only) - dates listed below
New Graduate Student Welcome
At the beginning of each semester, NYU Steinhardt hosts a welcome session to commemorate the arrival of new graduate students. Please join us to learn about policies and procedures at NYU Steinhardt that guide graduate study, find out about student resources in the school and university, and meet your colleagues.
Thursday, August 29, 2019
5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Grand Hall, 5th floor
NYU Global Center
238 Thompson St, New York, NY 10012
New International Graduate Student Welcome
Parents and Families of New Students
Congratulations on your student's acceptance to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development. We are thrilled that she or he has decided to join our family at NYU Steinhardt. As parents of incoming students, we realize that you have many questions. Please bookmark this page as it will be updated as information is sent to your student.
Statement on Academic Integrity
The relationship between students and faculty is the keystone of the educational experience at New York University. Mutual trust, respect, and responsibility are foundational requirements. Thus, how you learn is as important as what you learn. A university education aims not only to produce high-quality scholars but to also cultivate honorable citizens.
Please complete the Academic Integrity Tutorial. Once you complete this tutorial your Departmental Academic Adviser will be notified.