Most of NYU Steinhardt's administrative offices are operating remotely, but we are still available to answer your questions:
- Please call us Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time at +1-212-998-5030 to speak with a live graduate admissions representative.
- You may email your questions to email@example.com and we will respond to you promptly.
- We have many upcoming virtual information sessions, giving you the opportunity to learn directly from our faculty, staff, and students about specific programs you may be interested in.
- If none of the above opportunities meets your needs and you have questions about on-campus programs at NYU Steinhardt, you may schedule a virtual 20-minute graduate admissions drop-in meeting to speak one-on-one with a graduate admissions representative via Zoom.
Please note that the application for on-campus programs for the 2022 cycle (Spring 2022, Summer 2022, and Fall 2022) will open in early September, 2021.
Step 1: Explore Admissions Requirements
Each of our degrees has specific application guidelines tailored to the degrees’ community of students. Review the application requirements for our degrees that are currently accepting applications and get ready to apply!
We also have guidance on:
- How to approach your letters of recommendation
- How to submit your transcripts in the NYU Steinhardt graduate application
- What tests you may need to take
Please note: You may only submit one application to NYU Steinhardt per application term.
Step 2: Apply for Graduate Study
After reviewing the application instructions for your degree, create your application account. Your application will vary based on what degree you choose, so be sure to follow the correct pathway.
We encourage you to take a moment to review and proofread your application and all additional materials before you submit. Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes.
Your final step after submitting your application is paying the application fee. Please see below for our policy on fee waivers.
You will be able to check the status of your application in your application account once you've submitted.
Step 3: Wait for Your Admission Decision
You will be notified via email to log in to your account to view your admissions decision. Typically, decisions start going out in late November for Spring semester enrollment and in late March or early April for Summer or Fall enrollment. You may learn of your decision before or after this timeline, depending on when you apply and which degree you choose.
We welcome prospective graduate students to drop in or schedule appointments during our regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. You can also reach out by phone or email.
We can help you understand the application and financial aid processes; for questions about your specific degree of interest, reach out to the program directly.
NYU Steinhardt Office of Graduate Admissions
Joseph and Violet Pless Hall
82 Washington Square East, Third Floor
New York, NY, 10003-6680
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
We encourage domestic students to submit the FAFSA by the deadline so you can be considered for scholarships and federal aid options.Paying for Your Education
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident with a bachelor’s degree and you are interested in taking courses without pursuing a graduate degree, you can still enroll in select graduate-level courses.How to Apply as a Non-Degree Student
Application Fee Waivers
Graduate application fee waivers are provided for the following groups of candidates:
- Fulbright or other sponsored students being placed through an agency such as IIE
- Participants in the Institute for Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- McNair scholars
- Current Steinhardt undergraduate students
- Candidates also applying to the James J. Peters VAMC Dietetic Internship with our MS in Nutrition program
- City Year alumni
- Current participants of University Study
- Current participants of IAE Global
- Participants of Project 1000
- Participants of The Chopras
- Teach for America alumni
- AmeriCorps alumni
- Returned Peace Corps volunteers who have completed or will complete their service prior to enrolling at NYU Steinhardt
- Members of the US Military/National Guard or US veterans
- Those for whom the application fee poses a financial hardship
Please note that you are a member of one of these populations when prompted by the application; once your application fee is paid, we will not be able to refund it. We may request additional information to verify your request for a waiver.
For information on fee waivers for the MS in Communicative Sciences and Disorders (on-campus), review the CSDCAS application fee policies; for the DPT entry-level degree, review the PTCAS application fee policies.