Why You Should Choose Dual Certification
We are constantly improving and updating our degree options to ensure you leave NYU Steinhardt with the best career opportunities. In recent years, we have seen the importance of having a background in special education increase for graduates entering the job pool.
What are the benefits for me?
- Your curriculum will cover a broader, more comprehensive range of topics.
- You will be eligible for certification in both general and special education at the early childhood level, gaining double the professional opportunities and a host of in-demand skills so you can serve children of all abilities.
- With the improved dual-degree program course schedule, you can complete your degree in one calendar year instead of four semesters and be prepared to accept a teaching position faster!
- You will receive a strong foundation in working with children from birth to grade 2.
- You will have the opportunity to student teach in multiple settings, including pre-kindergarten and collaborative team teaching classrooms.
Please note that this dual-certification program begins in the Summer, and requires 45 credits to complete.
If you have any questions, please contact Graduate Admissions at 212-998-5030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're ready to apply, begin your application now!