Chia Oat Banana Pancakes
Mabel Del Castillo (MS '24)
Enjoy this comforting, healthy and delicious pancake recipe, which emulates the flavors of banana bread.
Makes about 6 pancakes (serving size: 2-3)
1 ripe mashed banana
2 eggs, large
1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
3/4 cup of oat flour
1/4 cup of rolled oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds (ground)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
A dash of cinnamon
- Mash the banana in a medium bowl.
- Add eggs and milk to the bowl and mix together with the mashed banana.
- Add in the dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, chia seeds, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix all together.
- Spray nonstick spray on a medium skillet and make three pancakes at a time (about 1/4 cups of batter each). Leave for about 3 minutes before flipping and cooking for an additional 3 minutes.
- Before cooking the next batch, wipe the pan clean, spray more non-stick cooking oil, and cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve with pure maple syrup, your favorite berries, and some crushed walnuts. Enjoy!