This January, gain a deeper understanding of the meaning of culture and its relationship to language. Study how values, norms, manners of thinking, and ways of interpreting the world are shaped by cultural experiences while exploring the process of language learning. This immersive experience will give participants the opportunity to interact with locals and experts in the Dominican Republic and students will come away with a better understanding of themselves and others
January 3-21, 2022; exact dates and times to be confirmed.
- NYU graduate students
- NYU undergraduates who have:
- 96+ earned credits by the program travel dates
- related coursework
- approval from the faculty director as well as their adviser
- Non-NYU graduate students and professionals who are not enrolled at an academic institution
- Bilingual Education
- Foreign Language Education
- International Education
This is not a complete list. We value diverse perspectives in our programs and encourage students from other majors and professions.
This course is being offered through the Department of Teaching and Learning. Students choose one of the following two courses for a total of 3 points:
LANED-GE.2005.095 (Class # 1440) Intercultural Perspectives in Multilingual & Multicultural Education (3 points)
- LANED-GE.2300.095 (Class # 1439) Independent Study: Culture and Language Learning in Real-Time (3 points)
Important Note: All program applicants are encouraged to meet with their academic adviser to determine if and how this course may be applied towards their program requirements and degree completion.
Shondel Nero, Professor of Language Education, Department of Teaching and Learning
- Steinhardt Overseas Graduate Tuition Fee (3 credits) - $5,826
- Graduate Overseas Registration and Services Fees - N/A
Estimated Direct Cost Total - $5,826
NYU Steinhardt Graduate Study Tuition and Fees set for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Tuition, registration, and services fees will be due based on Bursar's Payment Schedule for the January term and will be charged as "Overseas" on your bursar bill, which signifies that the Office of Global Affairs administers it. These charges, however, will follow NYU Steinhardt's respective graduate tuition and other fees as any other in-person course for the 2021-2022 academic year.