SUMMER 2024 UPDATE
Steinhardt's Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions is taking the summer off! Our acclaimed Summer Programs and Workshops will not be offered in 2024 as we plan for more compelling and varied offerings in 2025 and beyond. Please sign up now to receive information about Summer 2025 as soon as it is available. Thank you.SUMMER 2025
Piano Studies at NYU Steinhardt (Manuel Laufer, Director) welcomes young pianists and their teachers to engage with our renowned Artist Faculty and Guest Artists. The Summer Piano Intensive includes private lessons and coachings on a daily basis, seminars and workshops, concert events, and exciting performance opportunities on campus and off. Instruction is offered for Young Professionals (experienced artists and students focused on pursuing performance careers, conservatory auditions, and competitions) as well as Emerging Artists (younger or less experienced performers seeking guidance and inspiration). We also welcome Auditors at all levels in search of professional and personal enrichment.
Participants may opt to take private lessons or audit the proceedings. No matter which fee structure you choose, you’ll be encouraged to attend the events that most appeal to your aspirations.
- Happy Hour! With current students and faculty
- Daily lessons
- Four hand/duo piano coachings
Artist Faculty Presentations Include
- Jeffrey Swann: Preparing for Auditions and Competitions
- Eduardus Halim: Horowitz and the Romantic Tradition
- Marilyn Nonken: Exploring Diversity in Concert Programming
- Manuel Laufer: The Collaborative Pianist
Supplemental Offerings from Performing Arts Professions
- The Secret Sauce – Understanding Performing Arts Organizations
- Collaborating with Composers
- The Inside Scoop: Applying to NYU
Submit a video with two works from the solo repertoire from contrasting periods (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th-century, and Contemporary) and a letter of recommendation from your current teacher.
Director of Piano Studies