Professor Celia Stewart is a tenured Associate Professor in the Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders at NYU: Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development. She provides classes in Voice Disorders, Interdisciplinary Habilitation of the Speaking Voice, and Motor Speech Disorders. She maintains a small private practice that specializes in the care of the professional voice, transgender voice modification, neurogenic voice disorders, and dysphagia. She has published in the areas of spasmodic dysphonia, transgender voice, dysphagia, Parkinson’s disease, and Huntington’s disease. She is an invited, international speaker performing workshops in Belgium, Greece, Sweden, Canada, and the United States. Dr. Stewart coauthored the recently published Voice Rehabilitation: Testing Hypotheses and Reframing Therapy,
Rubino, M. & Stewart, C.F. (2018). Voice training methods in MFA acting programs. Voice and Speech Review, 12:1, 24-34, DOI: 10.1080/23268263.2018.1435543
Stewart, C.F. & Kling, I.F. (2017). University practicum for transgender voice modification: A motor learning perspective. Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups, 2 (SIG 10), 102-108. Doi:10.1044/persp2.SIG10.10
Stewart, C.F., Sinclair, C.F., Kling, I.F., Diamond, B.E., Blitzer, A. (2017). Adductor focal laryngeal Dystonia: correlation between clinicians' ratings and subjects' perception of Dysphonia. J Clin Mov Disord. 2017;4:20. doi:10.1186/s40734-017-0066-y
Blitzer, A., Brin, M.F., Stewart, C.F. (2015). Botulinum toxin management of spasmodic dysphonia (laryngeal dystonia): a 12-year experience in more than 900 patients. Laryngoscope.125(8):1751‐1757. doi:10.1002/lary.25273
Stewart, C.F. & Riedel, K. (2015), Managing speech and language deficits after stroke. In G. Gillen (Ed.) Stroke rehabilitation: A function based approach 4th Edition. Elsevier/Mosby: St. Lewis, Mo.
- Sinclair, C.F., Gurey, L.E., Brin, M.F., Stewart, C., & Blitzer, A. (2013). Surgical management of airway dysfunction in Parkinson’s disease compared with Parkinson-plus syndromes. Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology. May;122(5):294-8.
- Stewart, C.F. (2012). Dysphagia symptoms and treatment in Huntington's disease: Review. Perspectives on swallowing and swallowing disorders. Dysphagia. December 21:126-134; doi:10.1044/sasd21.4.126.
- Stewart, C.F. & Riedel, K. (2011). Managing speech and language deficits after stroke. In G. Gillen (Ed.) Stroke rehabilitation: A function based approach 3rd Edition. Elsevier/Mosby: St. Lewis, Mo.
- Stewart, C.F. & Blitzer, A. (2010). Management of abductor spasmodic dysphonia and Oral Mandibular Dystonia. In J.C. Stemple and L.T. Fry (Eds.) Voice Therapy: Clinical Studies, Third Edition. Singular Publishing Group, Inc: San Diego.
- Blitzer, A. & Stewart, C.F. (2010). Management of abductor spasmodic dysphonia. In J.C. Stemple and L.T. Fry (Eds.) Voice therapy: Clinical studies Third edition. Singular Publishing Group, Inc: San Diego.
- Stewart, C.F., Blitzer, A. & Salloway, S. (2010). Botulinum toxin treatment for a patient with Tourette’s syndrome. In J.C. Stemple and L.T. Fry (Eds.). Voice therapy: Clinical studies 3rd Edition. Singular Publishing Group, Inc: San Diego.