Dr. Anat Lubetzky, an Assistant Professor in the Physical Therapy Department at New York University, obtained her physical therapy training and an MSc in physical therapy from Tel Aviv university, Israel. She then received her PhD in Rehabilitation Science from the University of Washington in Seattle in 2014 followed by a 1-year visiting position at the NYU Physical Therapy Department. Research in Dr. Lubetzky's lab utilizes advances in virtual reality technology to study multi-sensory integration for postural control in adults with and without vestibular dysfunction and hearing loss across the life span. Dr. Lubetzky and her team study multi-sensory integration in different contexts and combine laboratory and clinical research to develop clinical assessment and interventions for individuals with balance problems related to sensory integration deficits. Dr. Anat Lubetzky is the recipient of the Steinhardt School Gabriel Carras Research Award for a promising young scholar, 2017-2018.
- A. V. Lubetzky, Z. Wang, T. Krasovsky. Head Mounted Displays for Capturing Head Kinematics in Postural Tasks. J Biomech. 2019: 86: 175-182
- A. V. Lubetzky, J. Kelly, Z. Wang, M.TaghaviDilamani, M. Gospodarek, G. Fu, E. Kuchlewski, B. D. Hujsak. Head Mounted Display Application for Contextual Sensory Integration Training: Design, Implementation, Challenges and Patient Outcomes. IEEE ICVR Conference, July 2019
- M. A Aharoni, A. V. Lubetzky, Z. Wang, M. Goldman, T. Krasovsky. A Virtual Reality Four-Square Step Test for Quantifying Dynamic Balance Performance in People with Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness. IEEE ICVR Conference, July 2019
- A.V. Lubetzky, B.D. Hujsak, J.L. Kelly, G. Fu K. Perlin. Control mechanisms of static and dynamic balance in adults with and without vestibular dysfunction in Oculus virtual environments. PM R. 2018: 10(11): 1223-1236.e2.
- A.V. Lubetzky, B.D. Hujsak, G. Fu K. Perlin. An Oculus Rift Assessment of Dynamic Balance via Head Mobility in a Virtual Park Scene: A Pilot Study. Motor Control. 2018: 5: 1-16
- A.V. Lubetzky, B.D. Hujsak. A Virtual Reality Head Stability Test for Patients with Vestibular Dysfunction. J Vestib Res. Accepted April 2018.
- A.V. Lubetzky, D. Harel, E. Lubetzky. On the Effects of Signal Processing on Sample Entropy for Postural Control. PLoS ONE. 2018. 13(3): e0193460.2018.
- A.V. Lubetzky, E. Kary, D. Harel, B.D. Hujsak, K. Perlin. Feasibility and Reliability of a Virtual Reality Oculus Platform to Measure Sensory Integration for Postural Control in Young Adults. Physiother Theory Pract. 2018: 34(12): 935-950.
- A.V. Lubetzky, B. Hujsak, E. Kary, H. Darmanin, K. Perlin. An Oculus Platform to Measure Sensory Integration for Postural Control in Patients with Vestibular Dysfunction. IEEE ICVR Conference Proceedings. 2017.
- A.V. Lubetzky, D. Harel, H. Darmanin, K. Perlin. Assessment via the Oculus of Visual ‘Weighting’ and ‘Re-weighting’ in Young Adults. Motor Control. 2017: 21(4): 468-482
- A.V. Lubetzky, S.W. McCoy, R. Price, D. Kartin. Response to Tendon Vibration Questions the Underlying Rationale of 'Proprioceptive Training'. J Athl Train. 2017: 52(2): 97-107
- A.V. Lubetzky,R. Price, S.W. McCoy.Effects of Achilles Tendon Vibration Surface and Visual Conditions on Lower Leg Electromyography in Young Adults with and without Recurrent Ankle Sprain.J Bodywork Mov Ther. 2016: 20(3): 639-49
- Y. Segal-Snir Yael, A.V. Lubetzky, Y. Masharawi. Rotation exercise classes did not improve function in women with non-specific chronic low back pain: a randomized single blind controlled study. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 2016: 29(3): 467-75.