Located at 380 2nd Avenue in the Gramercy area of Manhattan, the heart of New York City's thriving medical community, New York University's Department of Physical Therapy comprises over 15,000 square feet of available space. Elevator access to the Department can be found on both 2nd Avenue and 22nd Street. We are a short walk, bus ride, or subway ride away from the downtown NYU campus and are just minutes away from the NYU Medical Center.
The Department consists of the entire 4th floor and is available to our faculty and students to impart and absorb knowledge. The space contains:
- Four classrooms, three of which are set up as teaching labs. All are fully outfitted with the latest in physical therapy and instructional equipment. Each classroom is wired with speakers and monitors throughout.
- A library containing a large, growing selection of reference texts, videos, professional journals, and past student theses and dissertations. This area doubles as a conference and reading room.
- A 28-station student computer lab. Using the computer lab, students are able to study, conduct research, and work on presentations and research papers. We have full wireless capabilities for student use.
- Locker rooms equipped with functioning showers and individual locker space.
- A lounge where students can read, relax, and discuss their projects with classmates.
In addition, the Arthur J. Nelson Human Performance Laboratory is situated on the 3rd floor and is available to faculty and students who wish to conduct research.