NYU Steinhardt strives for academic, ethical, and values-driven leadership – both in the public and within our community. This calls for transparent communication with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and researchers about the School's priorities and values as they relate to our decisions, operations, and today's the most pressing issues.
Community messages from Dean and Gale and Ira Drukier Chair, Jack H. Knott; Vice Dean of Faculty Affairs, LaRue Allen; Vice Dean of Academic Affairs, Kristie Patten; and Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Delmy M. Lendof:
- Justice for George Floyd (sent to the Steinhardt community April 20, 2021
- A Demand for Racial Justice (sent to the Steinhardt community March 17, 2021)
- Standing in Solidarity with Our Asian Community (sent to the Steinhardt community February 18, 2021)
- Welcome to the Spring semester (sent to the Steinhardt community January 29, 2021)
- The Hill We Climb Together (sent to the Steinhardt community Jan 22, 2021)
- Support for Our Texan Students (sent to Texan students February 23, 2021)
- Steinhardt Affirms Trans and Gender Expansive Communities (sent to the Steinhardt community November 20, 2020)
NYU Steinhardt advances the education, health, and well-being of people and communities around the world. We achieve this by fostering knowledge, creativity, and innovation at the crossroads of culture, education, and human development.
The mission of the Steinhardt office of Equity, Belonging, and Community Action is to promote a climate, culture, and commitment to intersectional identities, anti-racism, cultural proficiency, equity, social justice, and sense of belonging all while advancing strategic Steinhardt activities in partnership with communities throughout NYC and beyond.