NYU Steinhardt strives for academic, ethical, and values-driven leadership – both in the public and within our community. This calls for transparent communication with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and researchers about the School's priorities and values as they relate to our decisions, operations, and today's the most pressing issues.
Recent community messages from Dean Jack H. Knott:
- In Honor of Black History Month (sent to the Steinhardt community February 7, 2022)
- Welcome to the Spring 2022 Semester (sent to the Steinhardt community January 24, 2022)
- With Gratitude to Those Who Served in the US Military (sent to the Steinhardt community November 11, 2021)
- Today We Make a Commitment to Indigenous People (sent to the Steinhardt community October 11, 2021)
- This National Hispanic Heritage Month, We Honor Artist Felix Gonzalez-Torres (sent to the Steinhardt community September 23, 2021)
- Remembering When the Towers Fell (sent to the Steinhardt community September 10, 2021)
NYU Steinhardt advances the education, health, and well-being of people and communities around the world. We achieve this by fostering knowledge, creativity, and innovation at the crossroads of culture, education, and human development.
The mission of the Steinhardt office of Equity, Belonging, and Community Action is to promote a climate, culture, and commitment to intersectional identities, anti-racism, cultural proficiency, equity, social justice, and sense of belonging all while advancing strategic Steinhardt activities in partnership with communities throughout NYC and beyond.