Weinstein Hall is located at 5 University Place, between 8th Street and Waverly Place, Washington Square Park and the Barney building in Greenwich Village. Weinstein Hall features include:
- Opened in May 2009, the building is an air-conditioned residence hall
- Conveniently located within walking distance to the Barney Building and Washington Square Campus area
- Only a few blocks from Union Square, which offers numerous transportation options as well as restuarants and shopping
- Shared occupancy bedrooms for two occupants in suites with up to two bedrooms (up to four residents in each suite)
- Each suite has a bathroom shared by all occupants of the suite
- Wireless internet service is available in all dorm rooms and public areas
- There are three student lounges with televisions, vending machine, computers, etc.
Personnel from the NYU Department of Public Safety monitor access at each residence hall. All participants will be required to provide proper identification upon entering the residence hall. Participants are not permitted to have overnight guests.
Upon their arrival, guests will check-in at the residence hall resource center. Here they will receive their room key, a temporary identification card allowing them access to the residence hall.
There is a laundry room in the building that students may use if they would like to wash their linen during their stay. Please note that all NYU laundry facilities only accept NYU Campus Cash as a form of payment.
Residents must provide their own toiletries. These items can be purchased at local drug stores, which can be found within two blocks of the building. Rooms are cleaned prior to occupancy and after departure, however, no cleaning service is provided during the guests' occupancy of the bedroom and/or suite.
Founders Hall is a traditional hall without kitchens and therefore a meal plan is required. Also, there are NYU Dining Halls located as little as two blocks from the hall.