Teboho Moja has authored articles on higher education reform issues in areas such as the governance of higher education, policy processes, and impact of globalization on higher education. She is a co-author of a book on educational change in South Africa since the first democratic elections in 1994. Her teaching experience includes high school and university levels. Moja has held key positions at several South African universities including being appointed chair of the Board of Trustees to the largest university in South Africa, the University of South Africa. In 2010 she was appointed visiting professor at the University of Oslo (Norway) and University of Tampere (Finland). She was instrumental in setting up the Center for Higher Education Transformation (CHET) in South Africa to monitor and stimulate debates on change issues. Serves on the boards international bodies such as the UNESCO-Institute for international Education Planning and the World Education Market. Her course topics include Current Research in Higher Education, International Perspectives on reform, and Globalization and Higher Education. She has been a policy researcher and policy analyst for higher education in South Africa. She was appointed the Executive Director and Commissioner to the National Commission on Higher Education appointed by President Mandela. The Commission produced a national report that provided a framework for higher education reform in South Africa. Before coming to NYU, Teboho Moja served as a Special Advisor to the Minister of Education.
- Larson, C and Moja T (2010): Study Abroad – Individual Transformation for Global Impact. In Tooms A (ed) Educational Leadership as International Social Justice Discourse: Navigating Collaborations, Careers and Challenges in a Global Contenxt.Information Age Publishing Series.
- Moja, Teboho (2007). Politics of Exclusion in Higher Education: the Inadequacy of Gender Issues in the Globalisation Debates. In N’Dri T. Assié-Lumumba (ed.), Women and Higher Education in Africa: Reconceptualizing Gender-Based Human Capabilities and Upgrading Human Rights to Knowledge, Abidjan: CEPARRED; A translation into French of this book is being sponsored by the Ford Foundation and is expected to be out in the beginning of 2008.
- Cloete, N; Maassen, P; Fehnel, R; Moja,T; Gibbon, T; and Perold, H (editors) (2006): Transformation in Higher Education – Global Pressures and Local Realities. Springer, Netherlands. Volume 10 – higher Education Dynamics (revised and republished)
- Moja Teboho (2006): Internationalizing the Curriculum. The Internationalization of Higher Education in South Africa. A publication of the International Education Association of South Africa.
- Cloete, N, Pillay P, Badat, S.; and Moja, T. (2004): National policy and a Regional Response in South African Higher Education. James Curry, Oxford.
- Cloete, N.; Maassen, P.; Fehnel, D.; Moja, T.; Perold, H.; Gibbon, P (2002) (eds.): Higher Education Policy, Institutions and Globalisation: New Dynamics in South Africa After 1994.