Lisa Sasson is the Associate Dean of Global Affairs and Experiential Learning and a clinical professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition and Food Studies. In this role, Lisa directs the graduate dietetic internship and NYU’s study abroad in Tuscany, Italy: Its Cuisine, and the Mediterranean Diet and The study abroad program in Tel Aviv: Exploring Israel through Food, Nutrition and Culture. She also teaches a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses and works with the NYU dental faculty to advance nutrition and oral health in the dental curriculum.
In addition to her work at NYU, Lisa counsels private clients in healthy eating and weight management. She is a nutrition consultant to public affairs at Nickelodeon and frequent commentator in the media.
- 2017: Interprofessional Educational Experience Among Dietitians After a Pediatric Dentistry Clinical Rotation Topics Clinical Nutrition 2017 32(3):193-201 Fernandez, Jill; Ahearn, Kelly; Atar Michael; More, Federick; Sasson, Lisa; Rosenberg; Linda Godfrey Emilie; Sehl, Rima; Daronch, Marcia.
- 2015: Medical Students Nutrition and Culinary Training - Medical Education 2015. Vol 49 pages 516- 167, Levine D, Vasher Scott, Beller Jared, Sasson Lisa, Caldwell Rob.
- 2015: Dysphagia Iron Chef: NYU speech-language pathology students compete in cooking competition for patients with difficulty swallowing. Interview for Advance for Speech and Hearing publication. July 13, 2015.
- 2006: Lessons Learned About Food-Related Attitudes and Behaviors From An Italian Study Abroad Program- Topics in Clinical Nutrition Vol 22 No 4 Oct-Dec 2007. Lisa Sasson, MS, RD, Jennifer Black MS, RD, Sharron Dalton, PhD, RD.
- 2005: Collaboration between Pediatrics and Dentistry- Dietetic Internship in Pediatric Dentistry- Topics in Clinical Nutrition Vol 20 Number 3 July- September 2005. Frederick G. More DDS, MS; Lisa Sasson MS RD; Emilie Godfrey, MS, RD; Rima B Siehl, DDS, MPA.