Login to update your faculty bio:
- Go to the User Login and click the NYU Login link right above the Log in button.
- Enter your NYU NetID and password when prompted.
- Click the Log in button and you will see your user profile page displayed on the View tab.
- Click on the Edit tab (located to the right of the View tab) to access your Profile Details. Make sure to click Save at the bottom of the page to publish the changes you made to your profile.
Once on the edit screen you can:
- Update your phone number.
- Upload a new CV.
Before uploading you must check the document for digital accessibility – if you need assistance please reach out to the Web Team.
- Update your personal/professional website.
- Update your photo.
When uploading a new image you must include alternative text that describes the photo. If it is a portrait/headshot of you the alternative text should be your full name.
- Update your narrative bio.
Over a third of our website traffic is on mobile devices with very small screens. Try not to let your paragraphs get too long.
- Add or remove selected publications.
If you are linking to a publication make sure you are linking the title of the publication and not use bare URLs or ambiguous terms like “Link” or “Click Here.”
If you wish to change your email address, the affiliated departments, affiliated programs, or the courses listed on your page please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. (For courses please include specific course numbers in order to connect it with the courses imported from Albert.)
Upload a new photo or change your existing photo:
- Scroll down to the IMAGE section.
- If you already have a photo click Remove. Then confirm that you really want to remove it by clicking Remove again.
- Click Add New Media and select a file from your computer.
- Enter the Media Name. We recommend that you use the naming convention
Faculty: Your Name.
- Enter the Alternative Text for your image. If it is just a portrait or headshot we recommend that you use your name.
- Click Create Media to add it to your page and then Save to publish the changes.
Upload a new CV:
Prior to uploading a PDF of your CV you must run an accessibility checker and remediate any issues.
- Scroll down to the CV section.
- If you already have a CV click Remove.
- Click Choose File button and select a file from your computer.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to publish the changes.