Throughout your program of study, you’ll learn how to apply business and administration theory to problems that have a strong aesthetic and artistic dimension. You’ll also gain a foundation in defining, critiquing, and evaluating the structure and operation of the music business; and learn how to devise organizational objectives, make strategy decisions to reach goals, and propose changes and innovations to take the industry forward.
You'll also acquire core competencies in these five areas:
- Financial and market development for music goods and services, including strategic analysis and planning
- Legal, technological, and competitive environment for the music business
- Leadership in complex organizational environments for the music business
- International environment for the arts and the impact of the global economy
- Applications of research methodologies in the field
In addition to providing structured courses, our curriculum promotes individual choices and career development through an interactive classroom atmosphere and completion of research requirements. You'll have opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities such as the University Program Board, radio station WNYU, and the Music Business Student Ambassador Board.