Skip to main content

Search NYU Steinhardt

Washington Square fountain

How to Apply
BS, Global Public Health/Nutrition and Dietetics

We welcome both freshman and transfer applicants as well as NYU students who want to change majors or transition to one of our undergraduate programs.

For detailed information on how to apply, financial aid, tuition and living expenses, and student housing, please visit the NYU Undergraduate Admissions website.

If you currently attend a local community college and are interested in transferring to Steinhardt, you may be eligible to participate in our Community College Transfer Opportunity Program (CCTOP). CCTOP provides transfer guidance and scholarship support. 


Current NYU Students

If you are interested in majoring in Nutrition and Food Studies or one of our Global Public Health programs, please submit a personal statement via email about why you're interested in the selection to Sean Spellman, Undergraduate Adviser for Nutrition and Food Studies.

Note: We strongly recommend taking the following courses prior to changing majors:

FOOD-UE 1051 Food and Identity
(Food Studies Concentration and GPH/Food Studies major)


NUTR-UE 119 Nutrition and Health & CHEM-UA 120 Introduction to Modern Chemistry
(Nutrition and Dietetics Concentration and GPH/Nutrition and Dietetics major)