Mary M. Brabeck, PhD, is Professor Emerita of Applied Psychology and Dean Emerita of the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development. She served as Dean of NYU Steinhardt from 2003 until 2014 and retired from NYU in September 2020. Dr. Brabeck is a fellow of the American Psychological Association (APA) and of the American Educational Research Association. She has published over 100 articles on intellectual and development and spatial skills; professional ethics, feminist ethics, and ethical sensitivity; and interprofessional education and teacher education. She is vice-chair (2020-21) and chair (2021-2022) of the APA Ethics Committee. She was Editor-in-Chief of the Psychology of Women Quarterly, the APA journal of the Society for Psychology of Women (2016-2019). She served on the APA Board of Educational Affairs, 2004-2007, was chair of the Task Force on Applications of Psychological Science to Teaching and Learning, chair of the Board of the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education 2004-05, elected member of the Board of Governors of the New York Academy of Sciences and chair of the Board of Directors of the Council on Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Dr. Brabeck's awards include an honorary degree from St. Joseph University in Philadelphia, an Outstanding Achievement Award from the University of Minnesota, a Leadership Award from the American Psychological Association Committee on Women in Psychology, and the Kuhmerker Award from the Association for Moral Education.
- Worrell, F., Brabeck, M. et al.[ (2014). Assessing and Evaluating Teacher Preparation Programs. Washington DC: American Psychological Association.
- Brabeck, M. M., Walsh, M. E., Latta, R. (2003). Meeting at the hyphen: Schools-universities-professions-communities in collaboration for student achievement and well-being. One Hundred and Second Yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education.
- Brabeck, M. M. (Ed.) (2000) Practicing Feminist Ethics in Psychology. Division 35 (Psychology of Women) Book Series, American Psychological Association.
- Brabeck, M. (Ed). (1989). Who Cares? Theory, Research and Educational Implications of the Ethic of Care. NY: Praeger. Abstracted in The Philosopher's Index and Bibliography of Philosophy.
- American Psychological Association.(2013). Guidelines for Preparing High School Psychology Teachers: Course-Based and Standards-Based Approaches.
- Brabeck, M. and Jeffries, J., (2009). Effective Practice: Not Drill and Kill. On-line module developed with the APA Coalition for Psychology in Schools and Education.