This month, our NYU Metro Center family was interviewed for several press and media publications.
- Lindsey Foster, one of our Research Associates, was quoted in a The 74 Million article about representation on the NYC Summer Reading List and the value of 'culturally responsive' teaching. She was also mentioned for her involvement in Chronically Absent, our published report on the exclusion of people of color from NYC elementary school curricula.
- NYU’s Metropolitan Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools contributed data analysis for Chalkbeat's investigative article "NYC students want to return to in-person learning this fall, but with caveats."
To be released
- Dr. David E. Kirkland, our Executive Director, was interviewed by CBS News Back to School, where he spoke on school reopenings.
- He featured as a speaker on JabbEdu's Education podcast with John Roof.
- He interviewed for the upcoming limited series "Nice White Parents" about building a better school system and what gets in the way.