The Research Alliance engages experts who serve as advisors on our work; we also collaborate with a variety researchers from NYU, other universities, the NYC Department of Education, and other organizations. These relationships allow us to dedicate our resources to a more comprehensive body of rigorous, relevant research.
We look to collaborate with researchers and on research projects that align with our mission and core organizational principles, including:
- High standards of scientific rigor;
- Relevance to the real needs of NYC students, schools and policymakers;
- A firm commitment to independence and nonpartisanship;
- A commitment to equity and diversity; and
- A focus on New York City (or multi-city studies that include NYC).