We offer contract design and consulting services to non-profit and industry partners sharing our expertise in arts education, technology, research and design. We implement a collaborative design process, engaging end-users and commissioning partners throughout from initial concept brainstorms & designs, through to prototypes, play testing, and the final products. We also license our technologies to commercial and non-profit partners in the music, education, and media technology sectors.
Our Portfolio of Services
- Creative experience design and learnign design
- Creative arts workshops for kids and novices of all ages
- Professional development workshops for educators and teaching artists
- Creative web application development (WebAudio, WebMIDI, Interactive visualizations)
- Interactive physical/digital product and installations
- Educational website development
- Educational research and evaluation
The MusEDLab also serves as a creative incubator for student projects at NYU Steinhardt and NYU Shanghai. The MusEDLab was founded in September 2013 by S. Alex Ruthmann, and recently opened up a branch at NYU Shanghai in collaboration with the Program on Creativity and Innovation.