For instructions on how to apply, as well as application requirements and deadlines, see the Graduate Admissions application guide for your program of interest:
In addition to Steinhardt's admissions criteria, the following requirements apply:
- Graduation from an approved professional occupational therapy program (baccalaureate, certificate, or professional master's degree in occupational therapy). Master's degree or equivalent for doctoral admission
- Certification as an occupational therapist or eligibility for certification
- Competitive grades
- GRE test required for the doctoral program
- Applicants whose first language is not English are required to take one of the following English proficiency exams: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic.
- Letters of recommendation (two for master's, three for doctoral)
- Personal statement and resume
- Interviews, as requested by the department
- Post-Professional Master's Program (OTTH): Application deadline for OTTH is February 1 for Fall and October 1 for Spring for domestic applicants. The deadline for international applicants is February 1.
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTHS): Application deadline for OTHS is March 15 for Fall and October 1 for Spring for domestic applicants. The deadline for international applicants is March 15.
- Doctor of Philosophy (OTHX): Fall admission only. Application and GRE deadline is December 1.
Applicants with foreign credentials and/or non-immigrant status must adhere to Steinhardt admissions guidelines for international students. International students are strongly encouraged to enroll in the fall.
If you have any questions, or wish to arrange a campus visit, please contact:
Ginelle John, PhD
Enrollment and Student Services Administrator
Department of Occupational Therapy
Steinhardt School of Education
New York University
Pless Hall, 82 Washington Square East, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10003