Our mission is to make research and evaluation for education that is action-oriented, liberating, accessible, and results in more equitable systems, policies, and practices.
Recognizing that research is often used as a tool of domination, we believe in the reclamation of research tools to illuminate marginalized truths, stories, and experiences.
We pursue our mission:
- in solidarity with youth, parents, educators, and communities that have been historically marginalized by oppression;
- collaboratively with researchers and practitioners from universities and community-based organizations;
- using a critical lens in our work and in our own personal development;
- with culturally responsive quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods;
- through rigorous and thoughtful work that affirms humanity.