Does your education justice campaign have an immediate data, research or policy? Does your organization center the voices and leadership of black, brown, indigenous, poor, working-class, disabled, LGBTQ people?
1. Contact us with your data request.
Here are a few examples of data requests we’ve received in the past:
- What is the graduation rate for Black boys/men in the Bronx?
- How does it compare to other groups of students?
- Can you help us map data that shows the education funds budgeted for students and how much of those funds were actually distributed to educate students?
- Can you create a table that shows college readiness of students in Los Angeles?
Additional examples of possible requests:
- Data crunching and analysis
- Policy briefs
- Survey design
- Fact sheets on education policy issues
- Data visualizations and infographics
- How does the expansion of charter schools in our city impact traditional public schools?
2. Collaborate & Consulting
EJ-ROC brings together a collective of skilled community organizers and researchers who have expertise in supporting organizing groups through coaching and trainings on strategic planning, outreach and base-building, leadership development, public speaking and media, coalition-building across multiple stakeholders, and more. Our expertise may help your organization and our collective mission toward education justice and equity. We prioritize work with grassroots education justice Black and brown-led organizing groups. Grant funding allows us to provide some of this support at no charge to community organizations. Please contact us for more information.
Join us in our work towards education justice! Most of our projects center on providing data for education justice campaigns in areas like school funding, education equity, and culturally responsive education.