Who is EJ-ROC?
The Education Justice Research and Organizing Collaborative (EJ-ROC) brings together researchers, data and policy analysts, and community organizers to provide critical research, data, policy and strategic support for the education justice movement, schools, and districts. We partner with grassroots organizations, schools, and districts to bridge community-based solutions with school and district policy. EJ-ROC aims to democratize education data, research and policy, maximize the synergy between research and community organizing, magnify the voices of grassroots communities of color, and advance the capacity of organizing efforts to design solutions, make demands, and sustain policy wins, and education systems change. EJ-ROC builds on the long tradition of movement-driven, community-derived research and uses an explicit racial justice lens in our two main areas of work.
Rapid Response Research and Strategic Assistance to Community Based Organizations
- Technical support for education organizing groups to employ campaign strategies and leadership development that help win research-based education policies
- Training and support for coalition-building between organized parents, youth, teachers and other education stakeholders
- On-demand research and data analysis, policy briefs, fact checks, fact sheets and infographics, generated within the fast-moving timeline of organizing campaigns
- Original research driven by parent, youth and community concerns and insights, and tied directly to grassroots organizing campaigns
Technical Assistance and Training for Schools and Districts
- Technical and strategic support for school and districts implementing equity-driven policies and practices
- Applied research support for root causes of segregation and inequality
- Equity coaching and mentoring for educators, school, district leaders, and policymakers
EJ-ROC aims to democratize education data, research and policy, maximize the synergy between research and community organizing, magnify the voices of grassroots communities of color, and advance the capacity of organizing efforts to design solutions, make demands, and sustain policy wins.
EJROC builds on a long tradition of movement-driven, community-derived research. We aim to democratize education data, research, and policy, and develop and carry out research projects with, and in response to the needs of, education organizing groups, magnifying the voices of grassroots communities of color. Original research is driven by parent, youth, and community concerns and insights, and is tied directly to community organizing campaigns. We can provide quick-turnaround data analysis, policy briefs, fact sheets, and other tools that can be generated quickly, within the timeline of organizing campaigns. >> Learn More About Our Research.
Tools & Resources
EJROC provides strategic support and technical assistance to education justice organizing groups and coalitions. Support includes training in organizing skills, collective visioning, and education content such as best practices in community schools, culturally responsive-sustaining education, and anti-racism. We assist community/labor coalitions in building antiracist practices and policies that privilege the participation of historically marginalized groups. Our strategic support is built on the belief that those most impacted by public policy must be leaders the creation of it, and that through organizing can build the collective power necessary to ensure equity and culturally affirming public schools and systems. >> Learn More About Our Resources.
Work With Us
Join us in our work towards education justice! Most of our projects center on providing data for education justice campaigns in areas like school funding, education equity, and culturally responsive education.
Email us at email@example.com to work with us