Applying to the PSI Program
The Doctor of Philosophy degree in Psychology and Social Intervention program offers admission once a year. For best consideration, application materials must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions by December 1 (Fall Admission Only).
The PSI program is somewhat different than many doctoral programs in that we accept students who are a good match for the program and the faculty overall. We do not admit students to work with one particular faculty member. Once students are admitted to the program, they have time to figure out which faculty member(s) they would like to work with.
Unfortunately, due to a multitude of obligations, faculty members are unable to meet with prospective students until the admissions interview process. To find out more about the PSI faculty, please visit the department's faculty web page.
*Please note that February 10, 2017, is the date for admissions interviews for prospective doctoral students for the programs in Counseling Psychology, Psychological Development, and Psychology and Social Intervention. Applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted by a department representative in advance of that date.
- Application (online only)
- Application Fee(payable by Major Credit Card only)
- Statement of Purpose including research interests and prior research experience; evidence of interest in human ecologies, systems-level interventions and/or policy interventions and analysis; and description of career goals
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all institutions attended or attending
- GRE is required
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic (if required)
While all application materials are evaluated, serious consideration is given to applicants who have GRE scores at or above the 50th percentile in both verbal and quantitative reasoning.
- About our doctoral funding package
- Read our 2015-2017 Graduate Bulletin to get a more detailed overview of the graduate programs in the department
- To receive additional information about one of our programs, please use our online signup form
If you have more questions, please contact Graduate Admissions to request additional information.