The ASD Nest Support Project was proud to host a workshop by Carol Gray, the developer of Social Stories. Social Stories are one of the most effective and best researched strategies for individuals with ASD.
Carol presented a powerful and practical workshop to 300 ASD Nest teachers and therapists and guests. For more workshop information, see her suggested reading list.
Carol Gray's latest book, The New Social Story Book, 15th Anniversary Edition, contains all the background and directions to write Social Stories, as well as over 180 Social Stories written by Carol herself to be edited and used by teachers and parents:
- The New Social Story Book, Revised and Expanded 15th Anniversary Edition: Over 150 Social Stories that Teach Everyday Social Skills to Children and Adults with Autism and their Peers
Carol mentioned several books that she found inspirational and which contributed to the development of Social Stories. Below are some of her recommendations:
- The Friendship Factor: Helping Our Children Navigate Their Social World--and Why It Matters for Their Success and Happiness
- The Story Factor (2nd Revised Edition)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness: Miniature Edition
- Paradigms: The Business of Discovering the Future
- The Forgotten Half of Change: Achieving Greater Creativity through Changes in Perception