Welcome to the Center for Counseling and Community Wellbeing in the Department of Applied Psychology at New York University.
The Center is part of the teaching and training program in Counseling Psychology and provides services to meet the social, emotional, and behavioral health of the local community. We provide a range of services to children, adolescents, adults, and families.
The Center for Counseling and Community Wellbeing is a central part of the Department of Applied Psychology in the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development at New York University, with an overall mission of embodying a private university in the public service. The Center has a particular focus on addressing the unmet needs of underserved and under-resourced communities by providing services to traditionally marginalized populations.
The Center has a five-fold mission:
- To train the next generation of mental health professionals in the highest standards of professional practice
- To provide comprehensive, culturally sensitive, evidence-based assessment and treatment services for children, adolescents, and adults
- To advance the science of human development, mental health promotion, wellness, illness, and practice through state-of-the-art research.
- To develop and sustain strong collaborations with community partners (e.g., mental health professionals, hospitals, community health centers, schools, independent service providers) that share our vision of serving the needs of the community
- To offer opportunities for professional development in mental health services for NYU and the surrounding community
We offer a variety of counseling and psychological services at CCCW.
Explore the applications for services at the Center for Counseling and Community Wellbeing.
The Center for Counseling and Community Wellbeing charges clients on a sliding scale, based on need.
Learn more about the people who provide services at the Center for Counseling and Community Wellbeing.
See the Center for Counseling and Community Wellbeing's guidelines and rules on confidentiality.
Learn about research projects and data collection at the Center for Counseling and Community Wellbeing.