The Research Alliance for New York City Schools conducts rigorous studies on topics that matter to the city’s public schools. We strive to advance equity and excellence in education by providing non-partisan evidence about policies and practices that promote students' development and academic success. Read more >>>
- Strengthening Assessments of School Climate: Lessons from the NYC School Survey
- High School Choice in New York City: A Report on the School Choices and Placements of Low-Achieving Students
- Kemple, James J. The Condition of New York City High Schools: Examining Trends and Looking Toward the Future
- Who Stays and Who Leaves? Findings from a Three-Part Study of Teacher Turnover in NYC Middle Schools
- Research Alliance Releases New Report Assessing the Early Impact of School of One
- Thoughts of Leaving: An Exploration of Why New York City Middle School Teachers Consider Leaving Their Classrooms
- William Marinell. Middle School Teacher Turnover Project - A Descriptive Analysis of Teacher Turnover in New York City's Middle Schools: 2011.
- New Working Brief: Navigating the Middle Grades
- James Kemple. Children First and Student Outcomes: 2003-2010.
- Strengthening Assessments of School ClimateI press coverage: Education Week and The After-School Corporation on the new Research Alliance brief.
- Video: Dr. James Kemple Presents The Condition of NYC High Schools
- HS Choice in NYC Media Coverage: Schoolbook and Education Week Report on the Research Alliance's Latest.
- ESI and High School Choice Presentations at the AERA Annual Meeting.
- Al Baker Cites "The Condition of New York City High Schools" in New York Times Article on New School Openings.
- Video: Dr. James Kemple Talks About Career Academies
- Adriana Villavicencio and Nathan Alexander Present Research Alliance Studies to NYC Principals at CCNY
- Research Alliance Presenters at Society for Research on Educational Effectiveness Conference
- Research Alliance Article, “Building On-Track Indicators for High School Graduation and College Readiness,” in JESPAR
- William T. Grant Foundation Paper Highlights Research Alliance’s Unique Partnership with the NYC Department of Education
- Lori Nathanson, Research Associate, presents initial findings on school choice at the Roosevelt House.
- New Research Alliance report finds ARIS has been used successfully for school-wide planning, less so as an aid to classroom instruction.