Who We Are
Metro Learning Communities (MLC) is a specialized professional development project of NYU’s Metro Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools. The project’s core mission is to improve quality of instruction and academic achievement for all students through deep and collaborative teacher learning.
MLC works, virtually and in-person, with a wide range of organizations to promote professional learning communities, data-smart schooling and teaching, early career mentoring for teachers and parent training. We provide customized school coaching, professional development workshops and school or network specific services in the development of powerful and equitable schooling.
Who We Work With
- Pre-K-12 teachers
- School leaders
- District/Network staff
- NYU Partnership Schools
- New Visions for Public Schools
- New York City Department of Education
- The Center for Educational Innovation (CEI)
- The School Reform Initiative (SRI)
Recent Professional Learning Opportunities
- Facilitative Leadership Seminar
- Fostering Equitable Practices and Culturally Responsive Curriculum
- Supporting Students in Challenging Times
- Early Career Teacher Institute
- Workshops for Classroom Paraprofessionals
- Customized School Based Coaching and Training
Contact us, or see News and Events for more details.
MLC trainers and coaches are highly experienced facilitators including:
- Pre-K-12 educators
- School Administrators
- Reform Leaders
Since inception, MLC has worked with 2,500 educators primarily from the NY tri-state area, impacting more than 25,000 students.
Metro Learning Communities
726 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY10003
+1 (212) 998-5138