Congratulations on your acceptance to the NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development! You've been selected to join a diverse community of scholars embarking on a new stage in their professional lives.
Now that the hard part is over, it’s time to make your plans. Follow the steps below to review your offer and make your decision. Have questions? Let us know!
Accept or Decline Your Offer
- Step 1: Activate Your NYU NetID
- Step 2: View Financial Aid and Review Tuition and Fees
- Step 3: Accept or Decline Our Offer of Admission
Attending? What to Do Soon
- Share Your Good News!
- Activate NYUHome Email Account
- International Students – Advisement, Registration, and Apply for Visa
- Mail In Final Official Transcript(s)
Attending? What to Do before Classes Begin
- Seek Advisement and Register for Classes
- Obtain NYU ID Card
- Attend New Student Orientation Session
- Fulfill Health and Immunization Requirements
- Obtain Housing
- Advanced Standing (Also Known As Transfer Credits)
Note: You will need to wait at least 24 hours from the date of your acceptance email to activate your NetID and follow the steps outlined below.
Included in your acceptance email is your NetID, a unique alphanumeric code that NYU assigns to you (e.g., xyz123). Your NetID is not your University ID number (which is a 9-character ID number starting with a capital N).
You will use your NetID and password to access your NYUHome account, which is a customizable web interface that links you to your NYU email account as well as other systems and tools, and serves as a home base for all NYU community members.
If you filed the FAFSA, you will be notified via email by the Office of Financial Aid in late March (for Summer/Fall matriculation) and in early December (for Spring matriculation) when your financial aid package is ready for viewing. Thereafter you will be notified approximately 2 weeks after receiving your official acceptance email. You will not be able to access your financial aid until you receive an email notice from the Office of Financial Aid. When it becomes available you will be able to log on to your NYUHome account with your NetID and password and go to the Financial Aid section to view the financial aid information. Information about financial aid can be found on our website at Steinhardt Financial Aid.
International students are encouraged to visit NYU's Office of Financial Aid page for Private and Alternative loans to learn more about financial aid options.
Tuition and fees are assessed on a per-credit basis each semester.
If you have questions about the status of your financial aid package, your FAFSA, student loans, or college work study, contact NYU's Office of Financial Aid at 212-998-4444 or email@example.com.
We hope you will join our incoming class! Whether you've decided to join the NYU Steinhardt community or you're choosing to decline our offer, please let us know.
Please note that to confirm your place, we require a nonrefundable tuition deposit – as noted in your acceptance email – that we will apply as a credit to your student account. Refer to your acceptance email for your tuition deposit deadline. We highly recommend that you accept our offer online.
Accept or Decline Our Offer Online:
- Log on to your NYUHome account
- Select the "Academics" Tab
- Select the "Albert" login link, then select the "Applicants" tab (not the "Student" tab)
- Go to the "Admissions" section and select the "Application Status" link
- Click the "Admission Offer" button at the top of the page
- Click the "Accept/Decline" link to accept or decline the admission offer
- Click the "Accept Offer" or the "Decline Offer" button
- Follow the prompts until you confirm your final decision. If you are accepting, please be prepared to pay the required nonrefundable tuition deposit by e-check or credit card. After you make your final decision, the "Admission Offer" button will no longer be available to you.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems with the credit card payment screen not appearing, please disable your browser's popup blockers. Need instructions for disabling popup blockers?
Google Chrome (version 42)
Open the Chrome menu and select Settings or Preferences
At the bottom of the Settings window, click Show advanced settings
In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button.
Scroll down to the Pop-ups section, select Allow all sites to show pop-ups then click Done
Firefox (version 37)
Open the Firefox menu and choose Preferences (on Windows devices this may say Options
Select the Content panel and uncheck Block pop-up windows
Safari (version 8)
Open the Safari menu and select Preferences
Click the Security tab and uncheck Block pop-up windows
Internet Explorer (version 11)
Click the Tools menu or (gear) icon at the top right, then select Internet options
Click the Privacy tab
Under Pop-up Blocker, uncheck Turn on Pop-up Blocker then click OK
We highly recommend that you accept our offer online. If you need to accept our offer by mail, you must complete a tuition deposit form and mail in a check or money order by your deposit deadline.
Accept Our Offer by Mail: (only if you are unable to accept offer online)
- Please mail a completed tuition deposit form and check or money order payable to "New York University" to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
82 Washington Square East, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
ATTN: Tuition Deposit.
DO NOT SEND CASH. The check or money order must be in US funds only and include your University ID number in the memo section.
- Once the Office of Graduate Admissions receives your tuition deposit, the "Admission Offer" button will no longer be available to you online.
You have been accepted for the academic plan and the semester listed in your acceptance email. You are admitted for a particular semester and only for that semester.
NYU Steinhardt does not allow deferrals. If you cannot attend in the semester for which you were accepted, you must reapply and be reconsidered for admission.
Congratulations on becoming part of the NYU Steinhardt community! Now take a moment to let everyone know you’re #NYUSteinhardtBound. Take a photo with the sign provided in your welcome brochure or download one of our ready-for-social photos. Don't forget to tag us on Twitter or Instagram (@nyusteinhardt), or send us your selfie on Snapchat.
Once you have accepted our offer by paying your tuition deposit, you can perform the following steps to activate your NYUHome Google email account after 24 hours has elapsed. Please note that summer and fall admits will be eligible for activation beginning April 15.
- Log on to your NYUHome account
- Select the "Home" Tab
- Go to the "Email and Calendar" section
- Select the "ITS Start page" link
- Type in your "NetID" and click the "Start" button
- Enter your "Password" [same password used to log onto your NYUHome account]
- Click the "Continue" button
- At the Menu select "Activate your NYU Google Apps for Education Account" link
- Once it is been successfully activated, log on to your NYUHome account
- Go to either the "Home" tab to select the "E-mail" button or the upper right corner under the NYUHome logo and select the "E-mail" link to access your email account
Most University offices, including Graduate Admissions, Financial Aid, the Bursar, Housing, and Student Affairs will communicate with you via your NYUHome email account exclusively. It is imperative that you check your NYUHome email account on a regular basis.
All new international graduate students at NYU Steinhardt must review the following website:
To enroll at NYU Steinhardt, we require that you send us official transcripts as follows:
- One final transcript showing conferral of your undergraduate degree (baccalaureate or equivalent). It must list the date the degree was awarded and the title of the degree.
- One final transcript from any institution at which a degree was conferred (e.g., if you received a master's degree)
- One transcript from any institution at which you did graduate-level work, even if a degree was not conferred.
Each transcript must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions and be received prior to your first term of registration. Any transcript you send must be an original official transcript with the Registrar's stamp or signature. Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by notarized translations.
Please remember to include a completed Document Cover Sheet with your transcript(s). The Document cover sheet contains our mailing address.
If your institution has the ability to send electronic transcripts, please have your institution send us your electronic transcript to the following designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic transcripts sent to any other email address will not be processed.
Please note: The copies of your transcripts that you scanned and uploaded with your online application are not considered final or official.
Advisement is integral to the academic experience and plays a key role in student satisfaction, success, and retention. NYU Steinhardt faculty and professional advisors work with you to develop your academic plan.
After you submit your tuition deposit you will receive more information from your program office regarding advisement and orientation. You will also be provided a link to our Graduate Orientation Portal (beginning in mid April for summer/fall enrollment or November for spring) which offers important information on advisement and registration in your department. Note that you may not register for classes before submitting your tuition deposit and being advised.
Should you have any questions or concerns before making your enrollment decision, please contact Graduate Admissions or use the contact information noted in your acceptance email to connect with someone in your program office.
Your NYU ID Card gives you access to NYU buildings including the libraries, fitness centers, and computer labs. Getting your NYU student ID, known around campus as your NYU Card, is now easier than ever. Visit NYU Card and Campus Cash for more information.
Before even coming to campus you can start the process. Upload a photo today to get your NYUCard.
Visit the Student Affairs website for more information on the New Graduate Student Welcome Session at the beginning of the semester:
New York State law and/or New York University require all newly admitted students complete several health-related requirements.
Graduate housing space is limited and not guaranteed. The Graduate Housing application is available via the Housing Forms channel at NYUHome. If you do not see Housing Form Channel please perform the following steps:
- Log on to your NYUHome account
- In the upper right corner, Select the "Channels" link
- Select the Housing Channels you need and save the changes
The 2017 housing application will be available beginning late April 2017.
Learn more about applying for on-campus housing.
Visit the NYU Housing website to find detailed information on the types of residences available.
The NYU Student Resource Center (SRC) provides students with general advice and resources in the apartment search process. Although the SRC does not provide actual apartments, links to housing search websites, a housing and roommate Registry exclusively viewable to the NYU Community, market information, a discount broker, tenant resources, and other links are provided on the Off-Campus Living page.
Contact the NYU Student Resource Center:
60 Washington Square South, Suite 210
If you were accepted for summer or plan on taking summer courses and would like to explore the possibility of summer housing at NYU, please visit the NYU Summer Housing website.
Unless restricted by your program, master's and advanced certificate students may be eligible to receive up to 30 percent of their total program credit requirement as advanced standing credits (also known as transfer credits) provided they meet the 24-credit residency requirement. Credits may be considered if they meet all of the following:
- Carry graduate status and be from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or international equivalent
- Not have been used toward another completed degree
- Be approved by an academic advisor in your program
- Have been earned within the past 10 years with a letter grade of B or better
NYU Steinhardt does not allow doctoral students to receive advanced standing.
On behalf of the staff of the Office of Graduate Admissions, we welcome you! If you need assistance or do not know where to turn, contact us and we will guide you to the proper department.