Who We Are
The Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health recognizes the fundamental importance of food and nutrition to human well-being and pleasure. Our students gain practical expertise through innovative coursework that addresses 21st-century needs and developments by drawing on the connections between what we consume and how we live. Graduates are prepared for diverse careers in non-profit, academia and business.
For program-specific questions, please contact one of the staff members below.
Graduate Programs and DPD
- Food Studies M.A. students Yvette Cabrera & Amrita Gupta produce radio stories from Mexico intersession course
- Profs. Amy Bentley & Marion Nestle appear on WBEZ's "Chewing the Fat"
- NYU Stories After Hours: An Interview with Kelila Jaffe, PhD candidate & food program coordinator
- 2/27/15 3:00pm, Feast or Famine: Hummus: The Making of an Israeli Culinary Cult & Cooking for Women’s Liberation: Feminists in the Kitchen, 1963-1984
- 3/11/15 1:00pm, Community Table: March
- 3/27/15 3:00pm, Feast or Famine: Nutrition Governance in Bangladesh: Breaking Down the Literature, Concepts and Experience