Looking to gain experience in social media and photography? You could be a perfect fit for our new Student Social Media Team! Steinhardt’s Office of Communications is looking for students who are passionate about the school to help showcase our amazing student body through takeovers and more. Benefits include publicity, Steinhardt swag, mentorship, and free lunches during meetups. Learn how to apply: http://bit.ly/2Jeyl9s
State reporting requirements for compliance require NYU to report information on where students are completing non-classroom experiences (i.e. internships, externships, clinicals, etc.). If you are participating in a non-classroom experience, please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to NYU CareerNet with your username and password, or register for a new account at https://nyu-csm.symplicity.com/students/.
- Click your cursor on “My Account” and select “Career Outcomes.” If you are unable to select “Career Outcomes,” please contact the Wasserman Center in order activate this resource.
- Select “Add New.” Please note that the “Add New” button will only be visible if you already have profile content included under the “Personal” and “Academic” tabs.
- Fill out the required information regarding your placement and select “Submit.” In addition, a screenshot to accompany these instructions is below.
The Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development Graduate Student Organization (GSO), the Office of Academic Affairs and the Office of Student Affairs are enthusiastic sponsors of the annual Research and Scholarship Showcase. The 6th Annual Showcase will take place on April 24, 2018, beginning at 9:30 AM in the Grand Hall of the Center for Academic and Spiritual Life.
Please join us to witness the wide range of research being conducted by students (from all degree levels) at NYU Steinhardt. There will be oral presentations, traditional poster presentations, and poster presentations with a multimedia component. Come to cheer on a classmate, learn more, and witness #SteinhardtScholars in action!
You had a stellar interview. They have offered you the Job. You have a scheduled meeting with human resources. How do you negotiate the salary? Join the Wasserman Center for Career Development for a rich conversation on how to manage a salary negotiation by learning strategies to answer tough salary questions during interviews.
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2018
Time 3:30 – 4:45 pm
Location: Pless Hall, 3rd Fl.
Sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs.
Join us for free sweets and tea/coffee at Tea @ 3. Steinhardt Student Affairs staff will be there with information about upcoming programs, events, and other involvement opportunities.
Place: Pless Hall, 1st fl. Student Lounge
Time: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
We hope to see you there!
Sponsored by the Steinhardt Office of Student Affairs.
- how your resume & cover letter are used in the job search process
- what employers say they want in resumes & cover letters and discuss how to best meet their criteria
- why your goals and aspirations matter, and how to determine if they align with the goals of the position and organization to which you are applying
- how to craft resumes & cover letters so that you share your greatest strengths and aspirations
- how to prepare in advance for an interview to handle any question that comes your way!
The NYU Leadership Initiative in partnership with the NYU Steinhardt Educational Leadership, Policy, and Advocacy program are proud to host a special event on Wednesday, April 18th – Women of Color in Leadership: Organizing for Change. The event will feature Cristina Jiménez, Co-founder of United We Dream, the largest immigrant youth-led organization in the nation, as she comes to NYU for a special conversation activism, cross-movement mobilization and the role women of color play in bringing about meaningful change. Cristina Jiménez has successfully mobilized hundreds of thousands of young people around the country and has been named as a MacArthur Fellow for her extraordinary social justice work.
NYU Steinhardt’s Teach and Learning Club (TLC) and Bilingual Language and Literacy Investigative and Networking Group (BLLING) are hosting a virtual Children’s Book Drive. Check out their Amazon Wishlist to donate a book online!
Faith Zone is an award-winning training workshop designed to promote spiritual and religious literacy and dialogue. NYU students, faculty, and staff members can participate this training to become Faith Zone certified. Lunch will be served.
Friday, April 13, 2018
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Pless Hall, 1st Floor Lounge
Once you know what you want, searching for your new apartment is much easier. Join Justine Kelly-Fierro from NYU Steinhardt Student Affairs for a presentation and discussion on finding off-campus housing in NYC. Learn about neighborhoods, budgeting, roommates and how to find the right balance of cost, location, and privacy.
Monday, April 16, 5-6:30pm
Pless Hall, 3rd Floor
82 Washington Square East