From Delmy Lendof, Associate Dean for Student Affairs

I hope you had a safe, relaxing, enjoyable and reflective holiday break. For those of you joining us for the first time welcome to Steinhardt.

January is always a great time for reflection on our experiences and accomplishments. It is also a time for critically thinking about goals for the year ahead and how your Steinhardt community can support you in this journey. It is my hope that you will find ways to engage with your faculty, advisors, fellow students and staff members at Steinhardt and that you would find the information in this newsletter helpful in making some of those connections.

My name is Delmy M. Lendof and I am your new Associate Dean for Student Affairs. While I am new to this role, I am not new to NYU or Steinhardt. For the past seven years, I have been working with students in the office of Residential Life and Housing Services and have been teaching in the Steinhardt Higher Education and Student Affairs program for the last three years.

I welcome an opportunity to speak with you and hear about your experience at Steinhardt. One way I doing this is by hosting a monthly lunch or dinner during the semester, which all students are invited to attend.  The first monthly luncheon will take place, noon on Wednesday January 30, 2019, Pless Hall, 3rd floor.  RSVP.  However, if you are not able to attend you can always set up an individual meeting or email me directly at dml15@nyu.edu.

Finally, if you are in Pless Hall feel free to stop by the second floor and introduce yourself.

I look forward to meeting you!