Submit an application for a summer position as an Assistant Academic Technologist. Students will work directly with Steinhardt faculty and a full-time Academic Technologist on projects selected for the Technology Enhanced Education Fund.
Need a summer job? Interested in enhancing courses with technology? Join Steinhardt’s Academic Technology team for the summer and work with faculty and Academic Technologists to adapt, enhance, and/or restructure existing courses at NYU Steinhardt.
This work experience will be paid at $15/hour.
- Matriculated Steinhardt undergraduate and graduate students
- Must commit to 20 hours per week between May 22 – August 11
- May 22- 26 9am – 5pm
- May 29 – July 28 (20-30 hours per week)
- Team meetings Wednesday
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current knowledge of technology and instructional practices that relate to the use of technology.
- Considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends, and developments in the field of instructional technology and/or education.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs and courses, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Knowledge about effective teaching practices, including various methods of assessment and evaluation
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing
Gained Skills & Abilities:
As a result of this summer position, previous Assistant Academic Technologists noted a considerable improvement in their leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic Information: Name, Email, Department, Program, Anticipated year of graduation
- Writing Sample Prompt: Why are you interested in this position? What is your favorite class you have ever taken? Why?
- Letter of Reference
- Portfolio (Optional)
Deadline: May 1
Chosen candidates will be invited to participate in an interview on a rolling basis; thus, first come, first served.