Submit an application for a summer position as an Assistant Instructional Technologist. Students will work directly with Steinhardt faculty and a full-time Instructional Technologist on Course Innovation Grants.
Need a summer job? Interested in enhancing courses with technology? Join Steinhardt’s Technology Services team for the summer and work with faculty and instructional technologists to adapt, enhance, and/or restructure existing courses at NYU Steinhardt. This work experience will be paid at $15/hour.
● Matriculated Steinhardt undergraduate and graduate students
● Must commit to 20 hours per week between May 16 – August 5
● May 16- 19 9am – 5pm
● May 23- 26 9am -5pm
● May 30 – August 5 (20-30 hours per week)
● Team meetings Wednesday
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Current knowledge of technology and instructional practices that relate to the use of technology.
● Considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends, and developments in the field of instructional technology and/or education.
● Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs and courses, and make recommendations for improvements.
● Knowledge about effective teaching practices, including various methods of assessment and evaluation
● Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing
Gained Skills & Abilities:
As a result of this summer position, previous Assistant Instructional Technologists noted a considerable improvement in their leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
● Basic Information: Name, Email, Department, Program, Anticipated year of graduation
● Writing Sample Prompt: Why are you interested in this position?
● Letter of reference
● Provide a resume, portfolio, or website