NYU Steinhardt Student Affairs Operations during Winter Recess

NYU offices will close for the Winter Break at the end of business on December 20; however, a limited number of staff, who are key resources, will be monitoring voicemail and/or email for emergency situations that require attention before we return on Thursday, January 2nd:

* For time-sensitive school/academic matters, please e-mail Steinhardt Student Affairs at steinhardt.student.matters@nyu.edu

* The NYU Public Safety Emergency Line is staffed 24/7 (212-998-2222).

* While the Student Health Center (SHC) is closed for Winter Break, in case of a life or limb-threatening emergency, dial 911 to contact local emergency services.

*Urgent Medical Needs: While the SHC is closed for winter break, call the SHC main number, (212) 443-1000 to speak with a triage nurse. He or she will speak to you about your symptoms and recommend an appropriate course of action.

* Some students may feel distressed over the winter break for a variety of reasons.  If you would like to talk to a counselor 24/7, even during the winter break, please contact the NYU Wellness Exchange at 212-443-9999 or by email at wellness.exchange@nyu.edu .

* If you have a spring billing question please call 212-998-2806 or e-mail bursar.studentaccounts@nyu.edu

* If you have an urgent financial aid concern, the Office of Financial Aid will be working remotely and responding to voicemail and email on December 23rd,, 26th,  27th, 30th and 31st. Please call 212-998-4444 and listen to the message for instructions.  Students may also send an e-mail message to financial.aid@nyu.edu.   Please be aware that it may take a few business days to look into your concern and respond to the issue. Many general questions may be answered by viewing the StudentLink website www.nyu.edu/studentlink.

* The Office of Residential Life and Housing will be monitoring voicemail and email throughout the winter break.  Please leave a message at 212-998-4603 or email them at housing@nyu.edu.

If you have an urgent residential situation, please call the Department of Public Safety (212-998-2222) and they will contact the Office of Residential Life & Housing Services staff member on duty.  Please note that there are on-call staff members – Resident Assistants and professional staff members – available throughout the winter break for any student concerns in the residence halls.

The University will reopen on January 2nd and we will be able to respond to all other inquiries or concerns in the New Year.

Posted on | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.