Applying to schools of the health professions is a weighty, detail-oriented undertaking. Students may begin the process as early as the fall semester of the junior year, if applying to begin health professional school directly after graduation. Those who decide to take a “glide year” between undergraduate and health professions school will begin the application process in the fall of senior year. Still others may return as alumni to begin the application process, utilizing the services offered by NYU’s Preprofessional Advising Center.
If you plan to apply to a health professional school this summer (2014), please take note of the following resources and deadlines:
- Asap: Review the Application Timeline and Application Year Overview webinar available on the prehealth website
- October 21: Declare your intent to receive a 2014 NYU Committee Letter of Evaluation via the Prehealth Committee Intent Form
- December 16: Begin a Prehealth Committee Application*
- May 15: Deadline for external Letters of Recommendation
- May 31: *Portfolio updates due from students who interviewed with the Committee in the past and re-applicants to professional schools
The Preprofessional Advising Center’s prehealth listserv is our main method of communicating with the greater prehealth community at NYU. A weekly newsletter chronicles volunteer positions, health-related work opportunities, community events, programs/workshops, and NYU deadlines and procedures. If you are not already receiving the weekly Announcement Digest, please subscribe to the listserv as soon as possible.
Kind regards, CAS Prehealth