Are you an ambitious first-generation college student?
New York Needs You helps first-generation college students select, secure, and succeed in their careers. The Fellows Program is an intensive mentoring and training program where Fellows develop relationships with highly accomplished community and business leaders.
Apply for the 2013 NYNY Fellowship where you will:
- Earn a $2,500 professional development grant
- Access 2 summer internships at prestigious companies and organizations
- Receive individualized support from a Mentor Coach
- Obtain in-kind services and products such as free business attire, free writing and ESL
- support, and subsidized test preparation
- Network with leading industry professionals
Am I eligible?
- Neither of my parents/guardians have a bachelor’s degree (in any country)
- I am a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- I am a freshman or sophomore attending college in the NYC-area
- I am available to attend regular Saturday workshops in Manhattan (workshops occur bi-weekly in Year 1; monthly in Year 2)
Visit newyorkneedsyou.org to submit your online application, including 3 essays,
a recommendation, and your resume. The deadline to apply is February 15th!