Grants Awarded: Up to $500
Grant Proposal Deadline: March 1 by 5:00 PM
Outstanding undergraduate or master’s Students at NYU Steinhardt are invited to apply for the Steinhardt Undergraduate and Master’s Student Research/Creative Project Award. Students may be awarded up to $500 to conduct a research study or creative project under the supervision of a faculty member. The proposed research or project must be conducted within the time specified, and adhere to guidelines established by the University Committee on Activities Involving Human Subjects. Award recipients are expected to submit a written report of no more than 5 pages by July 1st of the year following the award. The report should include a summary of the work undertaken, products created, and how the funds were used.
Requirements: The grant proposal must contain 1) complete application cover page; 2) an abstract, i.e. one-paragraph summary of your proposal, separate from the body of the proposal, including a title and bibliography; 3) time line for completing your project, including start and end dates, and estimated number of hours per week you plan to dedicate to this work; 4) itemized budget and budget narrative for how you will use the grant, costs may include: travel, supplies, participant payments, computer time, and/or other justifiable expense; 5) a research plan or description of the creative project (5 double-spaced pages maximum) that includes the following:
- Specific Aims, clearly stated;
- Background and Significance: Why is it important? What will it contribute to your field of study?
- How will this opportunity contribute to your career and professional development?;
- Describe the role of your sponsor/mentor in the proposed and how you will work together over the course of your project;
- If your project is part of a larger faculty project, explain how your proposal is independent and distinct from this larger project, including funding
Submission: One copy of the materials should be emailed as a single PDF to John Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Steinhardt School’s Office of Research. Applications are due on March 1st at 5:00 PM. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Open to Steinhardt master’s and undergraduate students
- Students may only receive this award one time during their studies.