Lincoln Center, the world’s leading Performing Arts Center, is looking for a highly motivated senior leader to oversee the development and implementation of their digital experiences. This position is focused on understanding Lincoln Center’s customer needs and building solutions that leverage digital technologies to provide engaging, compelling, industry-leading, and successful solutions.
The Vice President of Digital Experiences will work with Lincoln Center’s 11 world-class performing arts organizations to create experiences that leverage the combined performances of the organizations’ and presents them in intuitive, interactive, and customer-centric ways. The position will also spearhead efforts to integrate new digital technology on the campus to provide our guests with next generation experiences.
The position will work collaboratively with various internal departments to advance the mission of Lincoln Center via digital means, whether that be through improved fundraising/sponsorship, marketing, infrastructure support, or involvement with exposing Lincoln Center’s rich content archive in new ways.
Developing and maintaining digital systems (databases and asset management systems) that support the work of the department and Lincoln Center are a key component of this position. Where appropriate, the Vice President of Digital Experiences will leverage these databases to create innovative patron experiences.
Major Responsibilities include:
- overseeing the mobile-centric redesign of LincolnCenter.org which will focus on customer needs and providing solutions to key audience segments
- developing an iPhone app that leverages social and location based technology to provide a seamless user experience both when purchasing tickets and when visiting Lincoln Center
- overseeing the development and implementation of a ‘smart campus’ that uses emerging technology and allows for digital interactivity around the 16-acre campus pre- and post-performance
- leading the cross-departmental Digital Planning and Implementation Committee and fostering an environment of collaboration and working beyond departmental silos
- defining and maintaining the information architecture for digital experience development
- supporting Lincoln Center’s marketing efforts through the generation of programmatic websites and other channels
- being a change agent within Lincoln Center, promoting the benefits of digital initiatives
- managing a high performance team of internal subject matter experts as well as working with outside vendors where needed
- overseeing the implementation of digital infrastructure initiatives such a Digital Asset Management System and Performance Database
- working with digital content creators and business affairs to integrate Lincoln Center’s content with digital distribution channels that extend the reach and engagement of this content
- working collaboratively with the 11 Resident Organizations that are present on the campus to develop and maximize the impact of mutually beneficial marketing and promotional vehicles, such as LincolnCenter.org
- oversee the digital signage landscape at Lincoln Center which includes a 17-channel network of LCD, LED and projection screens. Develop and implement next generation signage solutions on the campus which could include kiosks and other interactive devices
The ideal candidate has:
- a minimum of ten years developing successful and engaging digital experiences. Work with digital marketing is a plus
- a proven ability to work across a large institution and mobilize an interdepartmental team
- direct experience with both web and mobile solution development
- experience leading user research, and a proven ability to have patron data analysis directly influence the development of solutions
- a passion for digital developments and how they can benefit an organization and it’s patrons
- an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to pivot and advance when faced with a barrier
- strong critical thinking, strategic and communication skills
- extensive experience leading projects from inception through successful delivery
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, 70 Lincoln Center Plaza, NY, NY 10023.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.