The Summer Dance Intensive is designed for high school students, in their Junior or Senior year, with an interest in examining dance through multiple lenses. Focus will be on developing creativity, evolving technical and artistic skills, deepening an appreciation and understanding of the art form, and preparing students for future goals in higher education and careers in the dance field.
During this two-week summer session, students will:
- engage in daily technique classes in Classical Ballet ad Modern dance
- practice additional styles of dance, such as Jazz, African, and Hip-Hop
- explore tools for improvisation and choreography
- learn and perform original choreography for an in-studio showcase on the final day of the program
- meet representatives and discuss topics, such as injury prevention, how to apply to NYU , and how to pursue a career in the dance field
- attend several exciting performances around New York City