Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

What are the admissions criteria?

Applicants will need to meet the Steinhardt School's admissions standards in addition to those of the Department of Occupational Therapy. For applicants whose native language is not English, and who did not receive their bachelor's degree from an English-speaking college or university, scores from one of the following tests is required: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic. For program-specific admissions criteria, see the Application Procedures page under each respective program.

How do I apply for student housing?

On the Graduate Application, check off Box 12. Housing information and an application will then be mailed to you. For more information, see NYU Housing.

If I am interested in taking a few courses but not enrolling, how do I apply for non-degree/non-matriculation status?

You must submit the Special Student Application, fee, and undergraduate transcripts, showing proof of a bachelor's degree. These materials should be submitted directly to the Steinhardt School's Office of Graduate Admissions. Please contact the Department of Occupational Therapy for additional information, or download the non-matriculated student application and instructions. Professional Program courses may not be taken as an NYU non-matriculated/non-degree enrolled student.

Is it possible to tour the University?

While we do not offer department tours, you are able to take a guided walking tour of NYU.